1 whole bulb garlic (or less if you are not a garlic fan)
light olive oil
2 polish sausages (use 3 -4 sausages if you making the sausage version without the scallops)
8 large scallops, sliced into half
wild rocket leaves (optional)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water according to the packet instructions (less one minute).
- Peel and finely chop the garlic, slice the sausages thinly and slice the scallops into half.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, rinse with cold water to stop the spaghetti cooking, drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan (I use the same one I boiled the spaghetti in), heat up the chopped garlic with some light olive oil over low heat.
- Fry the garlic until golden and fragrant (make sure it doesn't brown or burn).
- Turn up the heat to medium and fry the scallops until they are just cooked, then remove them from the saucepan and set aside.
- Add the sausages and fry a little, then add the spaghetti into the saucepan. (You may need to loosen the spaghetti a little first with some water as it may have clumped together.)
- Mix well, then add the scallops back to the saucepan and stir gently.
- Season with some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Top with some wild rocket leaves (optional).